Wednesday, September 10, 2014

2nd Squad Insignia, Laurels Test

This week, I'd like to start with an update on my progress with the Knights Bellicose 2nd squad. We're getting close to finishing it off. After the squad is complete, I'll paint up a company Chaplain and have a playable force! Here's how I'm doing so far:

Keeping consistency in the squad numbers is the hardest part.

The Chapter insignia is coming out nice and consistent.
Since I'm getting close to working on helmets, I've started thinking about doing something special for the squad leader. I've never attempted it before, but I want to paint some laurels on him to make him a veteran. I wasn't sure how I wanted them to look or what process I was going to use, so I tested a few theories just like I did for the shoulder pads. Check out how it went:

I think this is the one I'm going to go with.

This was a simpler idea. What do you think?

The whole test setup, showing my third
idea.What do you think?

The test nests in with the shoulder pads so I can see it all together.
I'm thinking about going with the traditional laurels. What do you think? Feel free to leave feedback in the comments section or on my Facebook page.

Until next time, have fun painting!

No comments:

Post a Comment